So here's one stretch that is particularly good before using your Shadowboxer VRT.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and 'soft' knees (slightly bent) and your arms by your side
- Starting with the left look down at your left hand and (slowly) swing the arm backwards in a large circular motion keeping your eyes on your hand as you go. Also try to go to full range.
- The arm should now swing forward diagonally across the front of your body continuing downwards toward the right hip.
- The arms now completes the second part of the figure of '8' movement circling upward to the right shoulder.
- Finally from the right shoulder the arm continues downwards to the left hip and the original starting position.
- Remembering to keep movements smooth and let the hand position move naturally, don't force anything, but do try and swing to full range.
- Repeat 15-20 times on each arm and also reverse directions of the swing.
This stretch comes courtesy of Bruce Miller 7th Dan Quan Li K'an. I attended one of his courses on Acupuncture and Stretching recently. Bruce is a Physician Assistant and Internal Medicine Practitioner also. However, there's no hocas pocas with Bruce as he surprisingly applies Pragmatic Scientific principles to what he teaches and his knowledge of anatomy is deep as it is wide. We hope to get contributions from Bruce in the Future. Click here for his web site.